The Varanus TACTICAL GEN 1 Vest is a High End and Fully Tactical Vest, constructe of 1000 denier nylon with MOLLE on front and back as well as on the Cummerbund for more carrying capacity. This sturdy vest has reinforced unions and quality velcro.
Its interior compartments are designed to carry Varanus IIIA Panels, offering Ballistic Protection on front, back and overlapping on the sides for full coverage. The Tac1 includes front and back pockets for the insertion of (optional) Level III, III+ or level IV ballistic plates for protection from high velocity rifle rounds.
• Molle Pocket System
• Front to Back Wrap with “Overlap Protection”
• 4-Point Adjustable vest cover with Comfort Mesh
• Heavy Duty Webbing Shoulder Straps
• Top Loading reinforced front and rear pockets
• Heavy Duty reinforced rubber “Drag Strap”
5 Years on the ballistic Performance
Varanus Soft Panels with IIIA Protection
- Varanus Vests are compatible with 3 alternatives of IIIA Ballistic Soft Panels, varying in weight, density and price. We have the Themis (.87 psf), Fusion, (1.17 psf) and Forte (1.55 psf). All Varanus panels are Made in USA and NIJ0101.06 Certified. All VARANUS panels have also passed US DoD MIL STD 662F anti-frag testing and special threat (exotic rounds) testing.